EC700 Energy performance of buildings
EC700 allows the calculation of the energy performance of buildings in accordance with the UNI/TS 11300 technical specification, taking into account all the services envisaged by the UNI/TS 11300-5 technical specification (heating, cooling, domestic hot water, ventilation, energy needs of escalators and elevators, and lighting).
The software, characterised by a modular structure, constitutes the basic calculation engine. The combination with multiple related modules, integrated into the basic calculation engine or dialoguing with it, allows the designer to perform all activities related to design and energy calculations (tax bonuses, energy certification, verification of legal requirements, energy diagnosis, heat accounting, integrated design and acoustics).
The software allows the expert to operate in the BIM environment thanks to the import of an IFC file. The new version 11 of the software has been provided with additional features:
- Components and thermal bridges;
- Enhanced graphic input;
- Shadow rendering;
- New photovoltaic management;
- More flexible plant;
- Calculation of BACS;
- Automatic error checking.
EC700 is Edilclima basic software module for energy performance calculation of buildings. It can be used stand-alone, or with additional modules, available to complete the calculation and reporting capabilities.
The simple and user-friendly interface of EC700 supports the following calculations:
- dynamic hourly calculation of energy performance of building according to the European standard UNI EN ISO 52016-1;
- Heat load, according to EN 12831, to size heating systems;
- Heating and cooling needs, according to UNI/TS 11300-1, to evaluate the energy performance of the building envelope;
- Contributions from renewable sources (thermal solar, photovoltaic, biomass) according to UNI/TS 11300-4;
- Primary energy for cooling according to UNI/TS 11300-3.
In combination with specific additional modules, the software allows further calculations to be performed and the corresponding documents to be produced:
- cooling load, for dimensioning the cooling system (if module EC706 - Cooling Load is installed);
- energy diagnosis, including comparison with actual consumption and simulation of improvement interventions (if module EC720 - Energy Diagnosis and Improvement Interventions is installed).